Saturday, June 8, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness

Was very excited for the movie, and it definitely delivered. I really enjoyed the visuals, amazing props,  special effects, the action sequences, and the shout outs to historical trek lore. Some of the things that I did not like were having a white actor playing a Sikh character, the tasteless undressing scene (could have been done better), and my biggest complaint was the lack of philosophical/moral dilemma that usually comes with Star Trek. It was too simple: protagonist fights bad guy, wins, everyone is happy. I hope future movies have a little more depth than that. Overall a good movie though.

8/10

Edit: I rewatched this movie, and many things made me reconsider my previous score. It has some pretty bad writing. While the visuals are spectacular, the whole thing feels cheap.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment